Saturday, September 27, 2008

20 weeks(the middle of the fifth month). This week the baby was kicking me so I lifted up my shirt and tried to see if I could see the kick on the outside. Sure enough this little bump on my belly rose and fell with each kick. Really strange to see happening to yourself! I felt like a cast member of Alien. Then when the kicks had stopped for awhile I put my hand where the kicking had been happening and poked in a little just as the baby was kicking again. It kicked my fingers! I let out a little yelp from being both excited and freaked out. I mean my baby and I just made some kind of contact and I was hoping I hadn't poked its eye out or something. The dog picked his head up from the couch and looked at me like I was crazy. I now have a look with my eyes only approach to enjoying the baby's kicks!

No comments: