Friday, May 8, 2009

Jack is 3 months old



It's been a long time since I've posted, sorry! I wonder if anyone is even checking our blog anymore? Well if you are here's the scoop on Jack! He is about 15lbs now and doing really well. He has definitely outgrown his colic and his reflux is sooooooooo much better.



He is sleeping really well! Not completely through the night yet but he only wakes up for one feeding between bedtime and morning time and I am super excited about that. He has been going to bed between 6:30pm and 7:30pm and waking up between 6:30am and 7:30am with a night time feeding around 12-1am ish sometimes it's as late as 2:00am.




I've read that breastfed babies take longer to sleep through the night- any comments are advice? I've been super excited with the amount of sleep I've been getting, it's like night and day from a month ago when I though quite literally I might go crazy from sleep deprivation. Jack is also napping better too and takes about 3-4 naps a day. I'm trying really hard to get him on a nap schedule so that I know when I can leave the house during the day. Right now its a gamble when I leave so I don't take him many places just yet.



Jackson is also making lots of baby noises and loves to "talk" to me and his dad. He smiles all the time when we talk to him and slowly starting to enjoy tummy time. We have still only rolled over once so I'm starting to get a little nervous about that but he is so strong I know he'll get it soon.

Enjoy the pictures from the last month!
Frances, Daniel and Jackson



7 comments:

Sarah and Eric said...

Of course you have readers and I am so glad you posted! I've been waiting for one! He is so cute and I am glad the colic has gone away. I know last time I saw you, it was pretty bad! We miss you at school!

Kim P. said...

Those are some cute pictures! I'm so glad he's sleeping better. I think one middle of the night feeding at this age is GREAT! Of course every kid is different. Ryan didn't get rid of his until probably 9 months old, so I'd give it time before you worry about it. He still needs that food right now. There's my advice =) Oh, and you'll find a nap rhythm that works for you. Ryan always took a nap at the grocery store at that age and it definitely didn't mess him up! Jack is a cutie =)

Deric and Gina said...

He is so adorable. Deric and I had that middle of the night feeding for a while. We tried rearranging things but it only made it worse. One day I woke up in a panic. I looked at the clock and couldn't believe it. I ran to his room to check on him. It literally scared me! But...there he was sound asleep:)

Lora said...

I'm glad to hear that you are getting more sleep! I'm sure that makes a huge difference. :) Thanks for all the pictures! He is a cutie.

Kassy said...

Congratulations on only one feeding a night. That is awesome. Don't worry about the rolling over bit. He will get it down soon and then you won't be able to keep him on his tummy. :) He's a cutie.

RC said...

Glad to hear the little guy's not so sick anymore and you guys are getting some rest. I don't know the stats, but Kaden definitely didn't sleep through the night until much later in the ball game.

Love the baseball outfit. I think we had the same one. :)

Kirby said...

A little more sleep makes all the difference. Glad it's getting better. LOVE the baseball on the toushie!