Monday, May 11, 2009

So this is Mother's Day



Ok, so this Mother's Day wasn't quite what I had pictured when I envisioned my first Mother's Day. Daniel and I had planned to take out first family picnic and Jack's first trip to the park. We had a productive Saturday of yard work so Sunday would be wide open for family fun. Well Saturday afternoon Daniel leaned over in the living room to pick up a pillow from the couch and BAM! his back went out! I mean completely seized up! He could barely make it to the couch to lay down and then when he got there he was down for the count. Picnic canceled!

Well, I wake up Sunday morning feeling a little sorry for myself but find that Daniel had managed to make it to the kitchen and make me pancakes! He was worn out and uncomfortable but said he wanted to do something to make the day special for me. Too sweet! I then ordered him back to the couch. As I was cleaning up in the kitchen after breakfast I looked out the window into the backyard and see Sebastian laying down and chewing on something. Never a good sign! I take a closer look and see that it's a dead bird! Soooo gross! I go outside and shoo him away from the bird, well actually yell at the top of my lungs to get inside the house. I gave him a bath like he had never had before and then went out to pick up the bird. Daniel said he would get i,t which was really nice, but I knew bending down like that was out of the question and to lay back down.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful until bedtime. My little man usually goes to sleep between 6:30 and 7:30 depending on how late his afternoon nap goes. Well he woke up from his afternoon nap around 4 so I figured he'd be out by 7ish. Wrong! Jackson fought bedtime until 10:00. He hasn't been this hard to put down for over a month and I have gotten spoiled by that. Everytime he was alseep in my arms by either rocking him, bouncing him or swaying him he would instanly wake up when I layed him down in his crib. His eyes would pop open and he'd smile and coo, too cute but exhausting. Well here's to hoping that today is better!!!

2 comments:

Kate Somers said...

sounds like you had a REAL mother's day!! no candy and fluffy feel good sentiments to clutter up the internet with, but a tale of you being a mom. There will be sweet feel good ones in the future... but this one will be just as special. Welcome to motherhood... dead birds and screaming babies and all... :)

Sarah and Eric said...

Wow! I saw that on facebook, but I like having all the extra details! How is your husband's back? Hopefully he is doing better!