Monday, February 9, 2009

He's finally here!!!

39 weeks to the day and our little guy made his arrival!

Frances and I are proud to announce the birth of our first child!

Jackson Joseph
Born 12:03am, 2-9-2009

7lbs, 3oz

20.25in


Frances
was absolutely amazing through all of this. Her water broke at 3:30pm Sunday, and Jackson entered the world a mere 8.5 hours later (after an epidural of course), and complication free. We are blessed to have such a happy and healthy son! So far he's pretty mellow, and only gets fussy when he's hungry, when he breaks free from his swaddle, or when the nurses come to poke and prod him.

Lessons learned:


1. Newborns do NOT look like they do on TV. I've heard it all before from parents and birthing classes, but it STILL caught me by surprise when a gray, pruney, cone-headed screaming alien emerged. (He looks human now though).

2. I had been warned about the hospital recovery room accommodations, yet I still forgot my air mattress. I paid for this mistake.

3. You know how newborns chatter their jaw sometimes? I always thought that it was because they were cold, but the doc said its a combination of their nervous system still developing, and general over stimulation.


Anyways, Frances and I are exhausted after 1-2 hours sleep last night (if you can call it sleep), so enjoy the pictures and we'll put more up soon.









6 comments:

Lora said...

Congratulations Frances! Jackson is precious.

Jessie Mihalik said...

Congratulations! Glad everything went well. He doesn't look like an alien in those pictures, he's very cute. :)

kkmcdavid said...

Congratulations! He's precious, and I'm so happy for the two of you.

Deric and Gina said...

I am so happy that he is finally here! You look great and Jackson is adorable. Enjoy every minute with your new baby boy!

Sarah and Eric said...

Yeah! You just look stunning! Hair perfect as usual. : ) I learned something new from your husband's post! I can't wait for your little guy to come up to school. Congrats! I love the name by the way!

Anonymous said...

Girl!! You make us all look bad!! Look at you with your perfect hair and gorgeous smile!! I looked like death warmed over after both of my babies! :) Not this next one, though... scheduled C-Section and I plan to look fabulous! :)