Saturday, January 31, 2009

Are we there yet?

38 Weeks and so ready for this baby boy to be here!

This week the doctor said "Probably another week till you deliver"...another week? I'm now dilated 4 cm and feel so uncomfortable. I guess I should be excited that I'm almost half way through labor and haven't really felt true labor. But at the same time walking around in early labor is extremely uncomfortable and I'm ready for the real thing to begin. According to the pregnancy books I've read early labor is 0-3 cm and active labor is 4+cm so I feel justified in my frustration.

I did spend a relaxing first week on maternity leave. My grandmother came and spent the week with me to keep me company and be close by if I went into labor. She rode around with me as I finished things up at school and ran other errands. It was nice to have her here and it really helped pass what would have been an otherwise long and anxious week. I hope you enjoy the pictures. One is from the baby shower my 3rd grade team threw me at school and the top photo my be my last pregnancy photo (here's to wishful thinking!). I hope my next post will be one announcing the arrival our new family member. Think happy labor thoughts!!!


2 comments:

Deric and Gina said...

You poor thing! Hang in there, your little one will be here before you know it:)

Sarah and Eric said...

You still look radiant though! I can't believe he will be here any day now! Crazy! I know your kiddos miss you. Let us know if we can do anything for you!