Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting close

36 weeks and 2 days-

Daniel and I went in for my weekly check up this past Friday and got some exciting news. The doctor let us know that I'm 2 cm dilated and the baby will most likely deliver early. His best guess is sometime in the next 1-3 weeks but he definitely thinks I won't go to the expected due date of Feb. 15th. I spent the weekend having very irregular but strong and painful contractions. I still get a little excited about them because I know they can only mean more progress is taking place towards actual delivery.

On another equally exciting note, I had a baby shower at school this week and one this weekend with all my friends from Austin. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law drove in for the shower also. Both showers were very nice and it was great to be showered with such nice gifts from great friends! I'll post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Sarah and Eric said...

Whoa! That is so exciting! I can't believe the little guy is already ready to make an entrance!

kkmcdavid said...

That is very exciting! I check your blog all the time for updates. Keep us posted, and feel free to call if you need anything!