Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Love my baby. Miss my body

Like the title says I love Jack. More than love him! There should be a new word for love to describe the way I feel for him. But I miss my body. I miss my old clothes. I miss my butt, thighs and flat tummy. I don't know what I thought my body would look like after childbirth. I've been pleasantly surprised. Things are still in the same place and look relatively good considering what happens during the child growing and birthing process, but I still want the old me back. I'm about 8-10 lbs shy of my pre-pregnancy weight and seem to have plateaued in the losing weight area. Before Jack was born I would have done what any rational woman does when they want to lose 5-10 lbs, starve and workout like crazy. Since I'm still breastfeeding that rules out starving. If I don't eat then Jackson doesn't eat and a hungry baby cries a lot ;). So that leaves working out like crazy as the means to shed the last 10 lbs. Well here's the thing, I'm tired by the time dad comes home or the kiddo goes to asleep and I finally have the opportunity to go to the gym. I know some serious working out is just on the horizon. We are taking a trip to New York in two months and I'm determined to take my old jeans and sweaters! New winter clothes will so much more expensive than the few clothes I've purchased to supplement my summer wardrobe while I'm inbetween sizes and I dont want to spend our money that way. So I'm wondering all you moms out there...how did you lose the weight and how long did it take to get back to your old self, more or less?

3 comments:

Deric and Gina said...

First, I think you look great! But...I understand the frustration. I gained 35 lbs and I lost the first 25 with in 3 weeks without doing anything. The last 8-10 are so hard. I'm not breast feeding and still can't get it off. You are not alone:)

Kim P. said...

My advice...don't worry about it until he's a year old or you stop breastfeeding. Do what exercise you can when you can to help you feel good (like walking or whatever you enjoy) and eat relatively healthy (like only 1 brownie instead of 3) and don't stress about it. I've read that it takes 9 months up and 9 months back down no matter how hard you work from several moms of multiple kids that tried hard to lose it quick and then didn't try at all to lose it with the 2nd. They said either way they lost the weight in about the same amount of time!

Even when I lost all the weight it still took over a year to fit into my "skinny" jeans because my body was just shaped differently. But I didn't stress to much and eventually I fit back in them after I stopped breastfeeding. I borrowed clothes and shopped at Savers to get me through. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

So, I actually lost all the weight I gained during pregnancy within three weeks after birth. HOWEVER, the body is not back the way it was before. Stuff isn't where it used to be. It'll get there eventually...when I have time to breathe!